Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This post started out as one thing, but ended up as another

Last Saturday, a woman came into the library with the longest fingernails I have ever seen. I know there are people out there in the Guinness Book of World Records with nails over a foot long, and I've seen pictures of them, but this woman had nails that were about 9 inches long. It was really alarming. I saw her walking on the sidewalk from inside, and just as I was trying to alert my co-workers to look at her, she was gingerly sliding the nails through the door handle to get it open. She sat down at a computer, and then realized she needed an employee to sign her on. She waved the nails in the air and said to one of my co-workers, "come here, young man." He logged her onto the internet, and then we couldn't help but watch her type. She had to hold her hands almost up to her face as she typed with her nails. One person who walked by her gasped out loud.

So I tried to do a google image search for long fingernails to give you guys a visual for what we experienced. Instead, I'll let you guys see what comes up on most of the pages when you google image seach for "long fingernails."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would have LOVED to see that.

Familia Viajera said...

i did the google thing and am about to vomit!!!