Friday, September 4, 2009

you're just getting old, my friend

Patron: You know what's a real big shame?
Librarian: What's that? :: thinking he is going to say something about how you had to be quiet in libraries in ye olden times, or that a bunch of libraries are closing all over the country, etc::
Patron: The fact that you stick all that shit up your nose.


OH.

My.

God.



Librarian: Excuse me?!?!?!?!
Patron: Ten years ago, the library wouldn't have hired someone with a nose ring is all I'm saying. They must be desperate.

This patron walked out the door before I could thaw from the shock that at first he accused me of snorting stuff, so I thought, but then realizing what he meant was that I was different sort of dreg of society. Otherwise, I mighta punched him. I see a lot of offensive things everyday, but this was personal.

No comments: